Overview of Hostel
Nirvana Hotel, Restaurant & Bar has been chosen the 'best hotel in Xiahe' by travelers' reviews in 2015. Our Nirvana atmosphere is warm, welcoming and comfortable.
Nirvana hotel was started by Wandhikhar, a Tibetan native of Xiahe, a small town located in the Tibetan autonomous region of Gansu p
How to reach the Nirvana Hotel, Restaurant & Bar
GPS coordinates: Latitude - Longitude: 35.193269,102.516479 Lat: 35° 11' 35.7684' Long: 102° 30' 59.3244'
Xiahe has opened its small airport in August 2013. There are several flights a week from Xi'an - Xiahe - Lhasa and also to and from Chengdu, Yinchuan, Tianjin and Chongqing. There is a mini bus from the Xiahe airport to Xiahe town, however there are no taxis available at the airport. Should you require a private transfer so you can stop on the way and take pictures of the beautiful scenery and grasslands, please contact us. The price of a private car transfer is 300 rmb.
You would have to take the train to Lanzhou, the capital of Gansu province. From there you would have to take the bus or private transport to Xiahe. See bus section below.
There are several local buses connecting Xiahe to the outside world.
*From Lanzhou: there are buses leaving Lanzhou South bus station at 07.30, 08.30, 14.00 and 15.00 (3,5 hours)
*From Langmusi: there are buses leaving from Langmusi at 06.30 and 14.00 (5 hours)
*From Linxia: there are buses leaving from Linxia about every 45 minutes (2 hours)
*From Hezuo: there are busses from Hezuo to Xiahe roughly every half hour (1,15 hours)
*From Xining: there is one morning bus from Xining to Xiahe
BUSES LEAVING XIAHE
* Xiahe to Lanzhou SOUTH bus station: 06.30, 07.30, 08.30, 12.10, 14.30 and 14.55 (3,5 hours)
* Xiahe to Xining: 06.10 (6 hours)
* Xiahe to Langmusi: 07.40 (4.5 hours)
* Xiahe to Tongren: 07.30 (3.5 hours)
*Xiahe to Linxia: there are buses to Linxia about every 45 minutes (2 hours)
*Xiahe to Hezuo: there are buses to Hezuo roughly every half hour (1,15 hours)
Bus tickets can only be bought 1 day in advance at the Xiahe bus staion
FROM THE XIAHE BUS STATION TO NIRVANA HOTEL
You can take a taxi from the Xiahe bus station. Just take a picture with your phone of our address on this website and show it to the taxi driver. Almost nobody in Xiahe speaks English. The price of the taxi is 2 yuan per person. If you take one of the little open trucks at the bus station, the price will be 10 yuan.
If you want to walk, you walk out the bus station, turn right, keep walking till the end of the main road (which is the entrance of the monastery complex), turn left and walk 350 meters till you come to a bridge. Nirvana Hotel is the red building to the left. Walking from the bus station will be about 20 minutes.
BY PRIVATE CAR
We can arrange private transfers from Lanzhou to Xiahe..
We are located 100 meters from the entrance of the impressive Labrang monastery, the main tourist highlight of this area. It is 300 meters to the main street. The wonderful Tibetan grasslands are located close to the town.
Conditions & Policy
Credit Cards Accepted
* Our entire hotel and restaurant is non smoking. Smoking is ABSOLUTELY not allowed on our property * Our reception and main door is open from 06.00-23.00 * Check in time: 13:00-23:00 * Check out time: 06:00-12:00 * Cash ONLY when checking in at the property. * Free cancellation up to 2 days before arrival. We may waiver your cancellation fee inside 2 days before arrival, if you contact us to let us know you wish to cancel. * We may ask you for a room deposit fee * One child under 10 years stays free of charge in the private rooms when using existing beds. We do NOT have the capacity to add extra beds in the room. * Children under 12 years are not allowed to stay in the dorm rooms. * From 1 May to 31 Sept, extra charge is required if guests need to use the air conditioning or heating facilities in the private room. Please note the dorm rooms do not have heaters or air con.